Monday, November 28, 2005

Stolen Moment

Today on the way home from preschool, Hayes decided he wanted to eat at "the American place." Oddly enough, he meant Puerto Villarta -- the local Mexican joint. I can appreciate his confusion. So we called Daddy and went to lunch, just the three of us. I am so glad we did. It has been so easy to get distracted from just the three of us lately: I have my show, Richard is in West Lafayette 4 days a week, Thanksgiving and the family and the entertaining it brings. Just last night as we were all in the bed (yes, we still all sleep in the same bed, much to my mother's dismay), I was thinking about how I am going to miss him when I leave for my show this Wednesday. Despite the angst between Hayes and me these last couple weeks, I will be anxious to see him again when this show is over.

I'm so glad I listened to Hayes's idea this time. We needed that time. Hayes listened attentively to the Spanish being spoken; no one had a meltdown; there was a rousing game of I Spy before the main course. It was the perfect way to spend a rainy afternoon, just the three of us.

No comments: