Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sabbath

I am not one to really "honor" the sabbath. I wish I was. But today our family was pushed into it a bit. We were all very cranky yesterday and I was a tiny bit under the weather (I knew it was going to be bad when I got teary watching a special about WDW - honestly). I woke up today feeling like I was on the edge and the boys were no better off. Dispite the fact that I was to lead church, we had to take a sick day. I hate doing that. I have really begun to enjoy our church time again. I look forward to being there and seeing everyone.

And so we slept in and had a late, lazy breakfast and took the day rather slowly. I've begun to feel so much better and Hayes seems to be able to tolerate life again. We had so many tears yesterday about so many things, I lost track of them all. Richard still needs some time to recooperate, but over all, I am so glad for the day of rest. I am outside enjoying the day, and my dog, while Richard takes a well-deserved nap. Go figure, the sabbath has been restorative. Things I must try to remember....

No comments: