Friday, May 09, 2008

The New Patio

For a very long time I have been hoping against hope that we could install a new patio under the pergola. I am pleased to say, that time is now. We asked our family expert, my father-in-law, to come out and help us install it. After all, we don't need to make all the same mistakes he did if we can help it!

Naturally, after asking my father-in-law to come out and help us, it rained. I don't mean it sprinkled, or showered. Nope. It rained. I know sheer determination to get the project going made them do it... this is what Ed and Richard spent the day doing yesterday:



The more they dug, the larger the pool of water became. They eventually tried to siphon off some of the water, but it was coming down so much that it was not very helpful. They called off at about 3:30 yesterday afternoon -- wringing wet! I love these guys. We're hoping for better weather today.

No comments: