Friday, May 16, 2008

The Pond In Our Backyard

Just when you think things are on the upswing -- the rain comes. Literally. We have been trying to get this patio area dug out for the last week. But it takes 2 days for the clay to dry out, and then it is raining again. I am trying not to be frustrated, but the longer I have to look at it, the worse I feel. And the wetter the soil is, the heavier and harder it is to move. We have a plan, we have the building materials, we have the gumption -- we just need a small dry spell. I know, I know, be careful what you wish for.

At least the new garden is thriving. I haven't had to water it for two weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Send us some of that rain...we need it really bad! I don't remember what green looks like anymore...all I see is brown!

Julie