Sunday, June 22, 2008

Night Out


We have been trying to get together with some friends of ours for what seems like months. Our schedules just weren't working out. But this weekend we finally made it to see The Fantasticks at a local theatre.

I am not sure what I was expecting, but it was a really nice show. It seems like it was probably a major influence for Steven Sondheim and Into The Woods (which is one of my favorites). The girl who played Luisa was so over the top, our friend said she was a bit too Disney-princess. I agree. I was also surprised that I didn't recognize but one song from the show. After all, it is the longest running Broadway production ever. I just assumed I would have heard more of the tunes. 

I'm not sure this is a show I would rush to see again, but if Jerry Orbach came back from the dead to reprise his roll as El Gallo, I'd be the first in line! All in all, it was a great night out -- thanks guys for the invite. Let's do it again.

No comments: