Thursday, September 25, 2008

Have I mentioned that I love wine?


I just returned from one of the most INCREDIBLE vacations I have ever taken. It's certainly in the top 10. My good friend Amy and I spent an entire week in wine country (Sonoma, Napa, Callistoga) and did everything we could to relax and enjoy ourselves. It was amazing. We started in Sonoma -- which holds a special place in both our hearts. The Cheese Factory is the BEST place to pick up a picnic for the square.


We hit several wineries while there, including Sabastiani, Gloria Ferrer, Mondavi, Mumm, Clos du Bois, Rubicon, Biannco & Rosso, Jessup, Sausal and Korbel. It was fantastic. Sausal is definitely a new favorite of mine. I am an old vine Zin girl and this just hit the spot!


We also bit off a bit more that we could chew in the mud baths at Callistoga. I feel I am just not enough of a "California girl" to have enjoyed this the way I should have. But I will say, the effervescent jacuzzi and the massage were to DIE for. I could go back again and again for that. The facility looked a bit scary, but we pulled through.


I can't wait to go back. Next time we take the family so we can go on the Safari together at Safari West. In fact, I would love to stay in their tent cabins. Can you imagine? This giraffe tried to kiss everyone in the jeep! It was surreal being so close to these animals! I loved it.

1 comment:

Ket said...

Sounds fantastic (and I don't even like wine)! Glad you guys had such a great trip!