Sunday, September 10, 2006

Keeping My Fingers Crossed

Friday was somewhat better in the land of Hayes and Saturday was even better than that; although I realize I curse myself by even mentioning that things are going relatively smoothly. And Saturday, when I got back from Penrod, I got a full body hug from Hayes -- who was extremely hot. I took his temp and it was a ripe 103.7. Could this be another piece to the crappy week puzzle? Probably. We are taking it easy today and hopefully, going to nap this afternoon.

The crazy thing about parenting (and possibly about parenting a kid like Hayes) is that you never quite know what sets him off and if you have found a solution to the maddness. It is often like walking on egg-shells, and then, suddenly, you realize that the egg-shells are gone and you hope they don't come back for a while.

Suffice it to say, we both need some cuddle time together and perhaps today will provide this opportunity. He is still very feverish (all night waking up cold and thirsty); I am dubious about school tomorrow.

No comments: