Friday, February 15, 2008

In Praise of Diet Coke


Ah, yes, it's the lenten season again. It snuck up on me again this year -- doesn't it always? So as I rushed to find a sacrifice for this year, it struck me: I love my Diet Coke. Yes, I know it is filled with chemicals and bone-dissolving minerals and will probably be the death of me, but I still love it. I don't smoke; I don't own a gun; I wear my seat belt; I eat my fruits and veggies, many of which I grow at home; I turn off extra lights and we recycle. This is my one vice. And I miss it. And every time I see someone having a Diet Coke (yes, the name brand is important. Pepsi just isn't the same.) or have the inspiration to go get one, I remember the sacrifice that Christ made for me, and look forward to the coming of Easter, when I will pour myself a very large Diet Coke with Lime and savor the resurrection of our Lord.

No comments: