Saturday, February 09, 2008

I've Been Tagged

How fun! I've been tagged by a good friend. Here's how it works:

Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more.
Find page 123.
Find the first five sentences.
Post the next three sentences.
Tag five people.

So here are my sentences from (how embarrassing to admit it) Digging Deep, Unearthing Your Creative Roots Through Gardening, by Fran Sorin:

"The boundaries in your brain literally stretch. By mentally trying on or rehearsing something, it actually becomes part of your wiring. For instance, a skater who mentally goes through her routine over and over the night before her competition is doing much more than  just memorizing it. She is carving the experience of it into her hardwiring, making it a part of her conditioning."

Ok, so I posted 4 sentences. It's just like me to bend the rules isn't it? The book is a bit hokey, but it was a super resource for the garden blessing we used in last year's church garden. I posted about that day here, for those who want a little refresher. The other book choices were 75 Exciting Vegetables For Your Garden, and The Bountiful Container -- both of which, oddly, had the subject of leeks on pages 123.

And speaking of gardening, I am dreaming (and drooling) about this spring. I've ordered our seeds and plants, I'm planning the positioning of new beds, researching the starting of seeds indoors, doing a little reading, and generally willing the winter weather to pass quickly so I can get outside again soon. And if we are lucky, we may actually be able to put in our patio this spring. But this seems too good to hope for, so I am trying not to think too much about it, incase I have to be crushed by the fact that it won't be able to happen so soon.

Our church, too, is going to have a garden again this year. It makes me so happy. I can't wait to read all about the changing garden in our journal again. I think we will also plan a harvest meal for mid-summer. Seems a bit more appropriate than our fall timing last year. All I can say is, what was I thinking? Here's to summer and big juicy tomatoes.

No comments: