Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ordinary Miracle

When Hayes was still in utero, we received a lullabye CD as a shower gift. I loved it so much I played it almost every night as I went to sleep. It didn't have that "made just for kids" sound. And I didn't realize what a wonderful thing this was until we brought Hayes home from the hospital. He was fussy that first night but when I laid him down and turned on the CD he calmed right down. That music was like magic the first year of his life.

Needless to say, now that we have another little one to love, I wanted to create a playlist that we could all listed to and be soothed by. And I ran across this Sarah McLachlan song, Ordinary Miracle, that I had almost forgotten. You may have heard it during the Winter Olympics opening ceremonies. I'm so glad I found it again. It could be the pregnancy hormones, or just my sentimental nature, but the song is so beautiful it makes me want to cry. So here it is, just for you.

No comments: