Thursday, September 02, 2010

And I Was Being So Good, Too

Ah, the allure of new yarn sucked me in and down the rabbit hole! It's not like I need the yarn. In fact, I still have a substantial stash to work through. But in the end, I discovered a new yarn shop in Plainfield, Nomad Yarns, and they had the most adorable book of baby patterns (which I need like I need a hole in my head) and the very yarn called for in the pattern. So I purchased them both to make a cabled baby vest.

Then, my regular shop, Village Yarn Shop, sent out an e-mail that all the cotton and summer yarn was going on sale. I tell you, it's a conspiracy! Of course, I had to go up there and get some supplies for baby knitting, because there's nothing quite so perfect as Blue Sky Organic Cotton for a baby. Of course I also picked up two other cottons. Come on, they were on sale. Oh, and I also signed up for a class to make these slippers (which the Yarn Harlot was nuts about - and rightly so) because they would make such great Christmas gifts. (I keep telling myself that, anyway. Let's be honest; they will most likely wind up in my own closet.)

Ah well, I slipped off my yarn diet. I suppose everyone drops a stitch now and again.....

No comments: