Friday, November 19, 2010

Xmas Gift Sewing

Have I mentioned that knitting gifts this year is not going to happen? I believe I have. So while I still have the ability to sew, I thought I'd whip up a set of fleece mittens and a scarf for the guitar teacher. (Seriously, it's been a long time since I hung out with 20-something single musician guys. It was not easy to figure out what we might be able to give him this year.)

When I saw this fleece in the remnant rack at the local big-chain fabric store, I knew I was on to something. And then when I found the simplest pattern in the world for mittens (and it was free), it was a done deal. So for a whopping $7.00 we have a hand-made gift for the guitar teacher he might actually use. I love it when a plan is inspired.

1 comment:

amy said...

Hey Amy, its Amy Habicht, aka "Dawn's other Amy." I found your blog via facebook after you posted a pic of the kiddos and have been enjoying your thoughts this morning. congrats on the baby!