Thursday, November 04, 2010

Handmade Baby Gifts

I have been busily working away on a few gifts for a friend who is expecting a girl this month. And while I love, love, love being the mother of boys, I miss the sewing and knitting opportunities that girls offer. So I took the arrival of this little one as the opportunity I needed and here's what emerged:



Another capelet from Leigh Radford. I adore this pattern! And I love how easy the capelet is; no sleeves to contend with. The knitting is quick and the pattern is interesting. A perfect project as far as I'm concerned.

And then I whipped up these little beauties:


I always forget the before picture with a "refashion" - but at least this time you can see the T-shirt they were born from, and how I cut them out.

I've been holding on to this shirt for years waiting for just the right thing to use it for. These little baby britches were exactly what it needed for a second life! I just love it when a plan comes together.

No comments: