Sunday, January 11, 2009

Being Mama






I've been bitten lately by the Mama bug. I really love being mama. And if I may say so, my kid is AWESOME. Some of the things that have driven home that point lately are:

  • Hayes asking me to knit him a scarf too, but in red (of course)
  • Being asked to put together his newest, coolest legos with him
  • Planning the garden together - we'll be buying praying mantises for Hayes this year
  • Snuggling in bed on Saturday morning he turned to me and said, "I've been loving on dad, now it's time to love on you."
  • His promise that he would help me do grandma's laundry every Saturday if she moved into assisted living
  • Listening to his jokes and rating which ones are "keepers"
  • Driving all the way to Carmel tonight just to get pillow - his lovey - and upon returning home I got the biggest hug in thanks.
It just doesn't get any better than this.

No comments: