Sunday, January 04, 2009

Creating Again

I don't know if it's the new year, or that I signed up for a knitting class, or that I spent much of December making pettiskirts for my nieces (a task I would NOT recommend unless you are an expert sewer with serious sewing equipment), but I am back in the swing of the studio; the messy side. It's rather exciting for me. It's been a while.

I am working on an idea that's been floating around the studio for months and I finally decided to grab it and put it to canvas. I'll post a photo when it's finished. For now, here's a little teaser:


The working title is "paper dolls". Thanks to a dear friend (love you, A!) I have some seriously cool vintage paper dolls to work with. I am very happy with the piece so far, but each stage brings its doubts with it. Funny how projects can be so fickle. Some just fly together and others come together despite themselves.

I am also hoping to display my current works at a local coffee shop sometime this year. We'll see, but again, I am hopeful. Refreshing how a new year can infuse that sort of spark one needs to get off her tired ass and start working again. And it doesn't feel like work - yet. Let's see how long that will last.

No comments: