Saturday, August 01, 2009

Sunrise Earth- Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lake Shore

Occasionally I will watch this delightful show: Sunrise Earth. It’s so quiet and slow and beautiful. If you’ve never watched it, you should. It’s a great way to start your morning. The premise is very simple. You get to watch the sunrise from various places on earth, see the wildlife awaken, the sky change, the details become clearer.

You can imagine then, how delighted I was to discover a gorgeous sunrise here at the lake this morning upon letting the dogs out. I don’t think I’d ever seen the clouds look so pink or the lake look so blue. After I took care of the girls, I made myself some tea and spent the better part of half an hour just watching the lake wake up. My first thought of course, was to grab my camera, but I realized that I wanted the moment to myself. It was exactly the sort of thing I came up here to do. I’m so glad I was the one privileged enough to see it. Lucky me.

No comments: