Sunday, April 05, 2009

Weather, how do I love thee?


I've been a little torn with the weather these days. I want to get out and plant my blueberry bushes and wisteria -- which have both arrived in top condition. But living in Indiana makes things exciting. They say if you don't like the weather, stick around 5 minutes, it'll change. (yeah, I know they say the same thing in Baltimore and probably where you live too)

And the weather has done me in this week. There has been no planting as the threat of frost continues to keep us at bay. And the day I did try and get out to help RJH with the new mulch and topping off the beds with dirt, the wind was gusting and my allergies kicked into high gear. And just to make things more fun, I am realizing that I am not as crazy as I thought, but whenever there is a low pressure system coming in, I get a headache. I got a doozie of a sinus hummer this week.

So instead of gardening, I've been finishing up several of my knitting projects. I have a baby gift that FINALLY got finished (and don't tell AJ, but I'd love to keep it for myself!), an Easter sweater vest for the boy that I FINALLY got all the loose threads tucked into, and a birthday present for a dear friend that is nearing completion. All in all, not a bad way to wait out the weather, but not what I had in mind.

No comments: