Monday, June 08, 2009

Times They Are A Changing


Hayes has been aching for an electric guitar. This has been an constant drip of a request for the past year or so. I think he actually got the idea when Uncle Josh asked him if he liked to play air-guitar in the car last summer. We've been talking about Hayes having more responsibility around the house and so I finally bit the bullet. His daddy and I insisted that he start with an acoustic guitar. This did not put any sort of damper on Hayes's willingness to play. 

So, we have a new 3/4 Yamaha. Hopefully he will love it as much as he thinks. I just hope he won't be too discouraged if he doesn't pick it up as quickly as he thinks he will. He's promised to practice every day. We have lessons scheduled. We shall see what will come of it! 

To tell the truth, I'm over the moon that we have an acoustic in the house again. I hope to pick it up and play a little myself. Hopefully we can jam with Eleanor and her mandolin a little bit this summer.

1 comment:

Jody said...

I hope so too! Go Hayes. The campfire is going to R.O.C.K.!!!!