Friday, December 18, 2009

Gingerbread Tradition



This year we skipped the usual tradition of making gingerbread houses over Thanksgiving weekend. Mostly because I just forgot all about it. And perhaps it was for the best this year, as the kit I bought was a set of 5 miniature houses. (I can't stress this enough - to give you some perspective, the angel on the left there is about 7 inches tall.) When we opened them up a week or so later, we were confused. It seemed like we didn't have all the pieces. We did. Some of them were just the width of my finger. Yeah.

Now that all is said and done, they really are cute. But I had no idea how difficult they would be to assemble. Small does not equal easy. Nevertheless, here they are perched on our mantle. I've decided I really like them (but not enough to do it again next year).

No comments: