Tuesday, January 26, 2010

First Baby Knits


I have been trying to decide which baby project to knit up first. I don't understand why it's taking me so long to decide, but for some reason, it seems like a monumental decision. (For the record, I told myself I was not going to put mommy-pressure on myself this time. Right.) I mean, whatever I choose can't exactly be gender specific at this point, and I will be giving birth toward the end of summer, so a girl needs to carefully consider these things.

I finally settled on the Saartje's bootees. A fabulous knitting friend of mine ran across this pattern and forwarded it to me. The moment I saw these adorable little shoes I knew I'd be making more than one pair. They will be terrific for early fall and these colors are really fun. And grandmom's vintage buttons are the perfect touch! I see many of these little lovelies in the future.


And for the record, I've started a little hat to match. I love using up my scrap yarn of cute little projects!

1 comment:

angie said...

I LOVE these!!! I won't have a baby for them, but I will hold your baby in them!! They are beautiful!!!