Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Companion Knits for Baby


Of course, I am the sort of person who can't stop at just a cute pair of booties for the first baby knits. Oh no. I need to finish a set. And having a seemingly never-ending stash of yarn, I was able to complete this sweet little set. I realize that blue is traditionally a boy color, but I'm not a big believer in the whole, blue is for boys party. It is, after all, one of my favorite colors. And of course, my gift larder is becoming more of a hope chest -- storing away baby things that are slowly being created and stashed away for a time somewhere in the future.

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't ready to get the Hayes's new room underway, and the nursery in full swing. But, life is such that we must take one step at a time. And knitting is something I can do right now. Hopefully, the other pieces will begin to fall in place soon. I'm hoping to start painting the current guest bedroom, soon to be Hayes's new room, in two weeks. (Although trying to get Hayes to commit to a new color - or two, or three - is not the easiest piece of the pie!) And in the next month, a trip to IKEA will cure all ills (at least in the home decorating department). Patience, Patience....

No comments: