Sunday, February 28, 2010

Recycled T-shirt Newborn Sleeper


Lately I've been all about trying to repurpose old clothing. We have so much of it and I hate to see it just go to waste, especially since I've been purchasing fabric just as quickly. So in a effort to economize and be a little bit greener, I've scoured the web for ideas. And there are some AMAZING ideas out there. I could go for weeks just trying out all the great projects I've discovered.

This one, however, takes the cake. At least for right now. We all know how many onesies a kid can go through in a day; it can be daunting. I finally found an economical solution for that -- the recycled t-shirt sleeper. I love this idea. I made this one using two of Richard's old Ts (mediums) that were destined for the rag pile. They are so soft and perfect for a baby. And I am delighted to say that I even mastered the rather difficult looking (but really fairly simple) collar that makes it so baby.

I'm telling ya, there are going to be LOTS of these cuties around here. It's addicting! Oh, and if you happen to live in the area and have any fun adult Ts that could have another life, I'd be happy to take them off your hands.

No comments: