Sunday, February 21, 2010

Nursery Plans

So I think I have a good start on the nursery (otherwise known as the upheaval that is about to take place); at least I have the bumper pad fabric and some paint colors picked out. Like I said, it's a start.

I think I will want to repaint a dresser that is currently white, and probably add some more modern drawer pulls to it. And the walls will certainly be getting a fresh coat of paint. (or two, or three -- as the color in Hayes's room is really dark!)

I will definitely be adding some solid colored fabric to this mix for sheets, blankets, changing pad covers, perhaps even a chair slipcover if I get that ambitious, but these colors and patterns really appeal to me and I am sure they will have a calming effect in the new nursery -- at least on my end.

It's a start. And Hayes seems to have finally settled on a color scheme for his room too. I feel like we can actually get started painting the guest room (soon-to-be-Hayes's-new-room). There is much to do before September arrives.

3 comments:

Ket said...

It's all lovely, Amy. I think those paint colors really will be calming... at least for one of you. ; )

angie said...

what has Hayes decided on? I am so curious. I am going to redo Renee's room for her b-day in March. J feels his room needs decorated. I asked what he wanted, he said he wants new bedding...of course that is pink and purple. I haven't found any that is acceptable yet! :) that kid! What am I going to do with him. Don't think I haven't thought of just having the two of them switching rooms. But of course they wouldn't go for that!

Love the fabrics!!! It will be so beautiful!

Unknown said...

Hayes has settled on Black, Grey and Red. Don't know yet exactly how that's going to work itself out, but at least that one decision, in a long line of them, that has been made. Check!