Thursday, June 16, 2005

Caffeine A Go Go

Confessions

So my doc tells me I have to get off the caffeine. I think to myself, "this is no problem; I don't drink very much of the stuff anyway."

Day One: cold turkey -- no tea in the morning, no iced tea in the afternoon, no tea before bed. Hmm.. Maybe I do drink more than I thought. Headache at night, sure to be solved by the "happy eye pillow" (my favorite item every from Bath and Bodyworks).

Day Two: Splitting headache in the morning;must take Excedrin Migraine -- oh yeah, Excedrin has caffeine in it. Hmm...Tylenol instead. Two cups of herbal tea (mostly satisfying) and swim lessons, more Tylenol to follow. Grouchy momma by noon, still with a splitting headache, caffeine-free diet coke with lunch. Hayes has a friend coming over after lunch so I break down and decide to take the Excedrin, for the sake of the friend of course. Instant relief. 9:00 pm -- Diet Coke (with evil drug) from the drive through. This will be much harder than anticipated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and why did your doctor say that you had to give up caffeine?!?!?

-patty

Anonymous said...

You just have to get through those first two weeks...and then the headaches subside. I gave up caffeine for the New Year and it has been wonderful not to have the addiction anymore. Good luck...and no more Diet Cokes from the drive thru :)

--Julie L.