Friday, June 24, 2005

Spamalot Alot

Confessions

Richard has introduced me to the Spamalot soundtrack. For those of you still unfamiliar with it, it's the new smash hit on Broadway -- Monty Python's Holy Grail set to music starring Tim Curry (of the Rocky Horror Picture Show), Hank Azaria (or the Simpsons and The Bird Cage) and David Hyde Pierce (of Frazier). It won Best Musical at the Tony's this year.

I must admit I have never been a huge fan of Monty Python. I think I just wasn't jaded enough to appreciate it back in college. Or perhaps I felt as if actually enjoying it would be too sinful. Whatever the case may be, I have become obsessed with listening to this soundtrack. I even choose to listen to it over NPR -- that, my friends, is a strong persuasion! Naturally, Hayes is in the van with me most times I have it on.

Last night as we were putting Hayes to bed I was humming a bit of "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life." I stopped, mid-measure and Hayes immediately took up the tune. He didn't miss a beat. I asked him what his favorite song is. He thought long and hard about it and then said, "I'm Not Dead Yet." Richard and I both chuckled and said, "Great choice!"

We have to go and see this show. I just must see the "His Name Is Lancelot" number in person. Hank Azaria is on of my favorite actors. I can't get enough of him in The Bird Cage.

No comments: