Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Our Newest Toy

Look what we got:


Dad found our first one at a garage sale. And then we liked it so much, he got another one!

I am in love with kayaking. I had no idea how peaceful and meditative taking the kayak out would be. It’s perfect. It’s exactly what I thought we were getting with the canoe. But alas, I am not able to navigate the canoe on my own. I really like to be on the lake alone. It gives me time to think and reflect; something that can be hard to come by in my everyday life.

And the kids seem to love it just as much as I do. All three of them have been enjoying the lake in a whole new way this summer.


It’s fun to watch them grow up and experience the lake. I have such fond memories of doing the same thing at their age. And there have been others who have enjoyed the kayaks too:


Looks like we’ll be enjoying our new toys for a long, long time.

2 comments:

Ket said...

Sara will come undone when I show her this later today. She has been asking for a kayak (of course she has).

Love it!

Wren said...

I would love to have a kayak! Our neighbors bought some this summer and have been at the lake every weekend now. Looks like fun! Thanks for stopping by the Burbs! So nice to meet you..