Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Author Appreciation Week: Anne Lamott

One of my very favorite authors is Anne Lamott. I had the very great privilege of hearing her speak at St. Luke's here in Indianapolis a couple years ago. (Has it really been that long?) She speaks about her faith in a frank and witty way, yet her reflections are not without weight.

My favorite of her books is most definitely Traveling Mercies. If you haven't read any of her material, I highly recommend starting with this one. I'm much more of a memoir reader than a fiction reader. Anne Lamott has written both, but in my humble opinion, her fiction does not rise to the same level as her memoir writing.

I am excited to discover that she has a new novel coming out this spring entitled Imperfect Birds. I will certainly be checking it out.

No comments: