Sunday, October 11, 2009

Helloo October


I just love autumn. Someone once told me that we most love the season into which we were born. It stands true for me. There's nothing like a hot thermos of tea and a wool blanket on the sidelines of a great football game. (It's especially nice if the winds are not howling about your ears!)

We were supposed to have the last football game of the boy's season yesterday, but alas, the monsoon rains of the last two days were enough to make the football gurus nervous about the amount of foot traffic on the field hosing it for those who usually use it -- the JV team. I'm sure they were correct. So our last game will have to be played next Saturday. Of course, I had hopes of getting to the pumpkin patch/apple orchard that day, but perhaps Sunday will suffice.

Yup. I love it. Apples, pumpkins, root veggies, football, hot drinks, crock pot meals, the fire pit....bring it on.

No comments: