Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Powerless


I used to pray for sick days as a kid. I would never have actually faked being sick; that would have been my sister. But now that I have my own little one, I dread those sick days. He's so sad, so puny and I seem to be powerless to do anything about it. Sure I give him Motrin and Robitussin, but he's still sick and all I can do is wrap him up in a blanket and hold him on the sofa while we watch Mythbusters. And even when they are showing my very favorite episode I still feel blue. I want my kid to be all better. I suppose the Universe has to remind me that, in fact, and much to my chagrin, I am not in charge of everything. Damn.

3 comments:

Jody said...

Well, I was going to compliment the photo, but now that you dogged me (no pun intended) I won't. Just kidding. I'm so sorry your baby is sick! Do you think J-doc is right about croup?

Jody said...

OH, and also I read your Time Travelers Wife review and can understand where you're coming from. As Terry Dibble always said, "There's no accounting for taste."

Unknown said...

Not sure about croup -- the school just sent notification that whooping cough has been diagnosed in 3 schools. He's been vaccinated, but who knows? The Robitussin worked enough for him to sleep through the night. I forgot we have a nebulizer too. Duh! Will have to try that if he doesn't show much improvement.